Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Albert Hofmann...Father of LSD


R.I.P. Father of LSD
1906 - 2008
Albert Hofmann, the Swiss chemist who discovered LSD, has died of a heart attack. He was only 102.
On Friday afternoon, April 16, 1943, Hofmann had just completed synthesizing a batch of compounds when, he subsequently wrote to his supervisor:
“I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with slight dizziness. At home, I lay down and sank into a not-unpleasant intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours, this condition faded away.”
And thus the world’s first-known acid trip was born.


Trippy





No comments: